Add people to Workplace using mobile phone numbers
This article is only applicable to admins with relevant permissions. If you are currently on a Workplace trial, then you can’t add people using mobile phone numbers.
There are several ways you can add people to your organization’s Workplace. This article covers how to add people using their mobile number.
- Learn how to add people using their email address, an access code or link, a Microsoft Excel or CSV file, or an identity provider or SCIM API.
Adding people to Workplace using their mobile number
Before starting, ensure that Profile creation with mobile number is turned on. Check this by going to Settings in Admin Panel.
When this is done:
- Click Admin Panel in the left menu on Workplace.
- Click People.
- Click Add people in the top right.
- Select Add multiple people or Add one person.
- Under Access method, select Mobile number.
- Complete the form, including the country code for the mobile number/s you’re adding.
- Click Send invites by text message or Send invite by text message.
Accounts will be created immediately and people will be able to activate their account.
Note: Ensure all mobile numbers are correct. After you’ve sent an invitation and people have claimed their account, they will have total access to your Workplace. Learn how to deactivate a Workplace account.